Mission Statement: The Lamar CISD SHAC serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Trustees to advocate for the provision of a comprehensive school health program for all students.
Duties: To recommend or advise the Board regarding:
- The number of hours of instruction to be provided in health education.
- Health education in general and physical education, nutrition services, parental involvement and instruction to prevent the use of tobacco.
- A coordinated health program.
- Time spent in physical activity in grades K - 5.
- Strategies for integrating school health services, counseling and guidance services, a safe and healthy school environment and school employee wellness into the school's health curriculum.
A majority of the members must be parents of students enrolled in the District and who are not employed by the District.
One or more teachers, administrators, District students, health care professionals, members of the business community, law enforcement representatives, senior citizens, clergy, and representatives of nonprofit health organizations may also be a part of the committee.
For more information and S.H.A.C. Meeting Minutes click here.