CTE > CTE Home
The mission of Career and Technical Education in the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District is to educate students by providing rigorous curriculum and technical skills through real world, hands-on learning, thus preparing them for the challenges of evolving career environments and opportunities.
To guide our mission we will use the following strategies:
1. We will provide and promote learning environments that meet the needs of 21st century learners.
2. We will promote 21st century skills along with career and college exploration for students.
3. We will actively develop, and train a highly qualified staff.
4. We will pursue avenues to engage culturally diverse students and their parents/guardians plus non-traditional students, as listed by TEA for CTE classes.
5. We will engage in the development and continuation of relationships with our business and community partners.
6. We will embed appropriate technolgies throughout the department to support instructional needs.
7. We will offer our students the chance to achieve industry certifications.
8. We will continue to review and develop programs of study with coherent sequences of courses that meet the goalsof Achieve Texas and the Texas high skill, high wage and high demand occupational areas.
9. We will actively work toward the educational success of all CTE students.
Educational opportunities are offered by the Lamar Consolidated Independent School District without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
El Distrito Escolar Consolidado Independiente de Lamar, ofrece oportunidades educacionales sin cuenta de raza, religion, nacionalidád, sexo o disabilidades.