Academics > Staff Development
Through collaborative leadership, the district staff development program will provide and support ongoing, systemic growth of staff to ensure that all students achieve their full potential.
So that students successfully achieve the goals of the graduate profile, Lamar CISD will design, deliver and support quality staff development that enables each employee to reach the highest level of performance.
Staff Development Definition
Staff development in LCISD includes all processes and activities designed to enhance professional knowledge, skills and attitudes of staff so they will, in turn improve the learning of students. LCISD believes all staff development should be relevant and timely in relation to the needs of the participants. In support of these qualities, all staff development will be aligned with the District Improvement Plan, department goals and objectives, and/or Campus Improvement Plans.
Staff Development Council
The Staff Development Council is made up of campus and district-level administrators, and instructional and non-instructional staff for the purpose of continuously improving the staff development opportunities in Lamar Consolidated Independent School District The Staff Development Council meets quarterly per school calendar year to:
- Annually establish the district staff development focus in alignment with the District Improvement Plan
- Ensure that all internal staff development opportunities align with the annual focus of the district
- Review and monitor district expectations for new and veteran teachers
- Monitor adherence to all federal, state, and district staff development requirements
- Establish and monitor internal staff development requirements
Director of Staff Development
- Kathy Mathison
- Barbara Karasek