Academics > Accel. Language Programs
Accelerated Language Programs Department
Welcome to LCISD's Accelerated Language Programs. Please read our mission statement, our goals, and use the links below to find specific information about each of our programs. For special events occurring throughout the year, please see the official LCISD Calendar located here.
Our Mission is to inspire, support and motivate students by removing cultural, linguistic and social barriers so that each student receives an exemplary education, achieve academic, linguistic and social success, and participate in future social, economic, and educational opportunities.
- Students will achieve or exceed Lamar CISD and Texas Standards in all academic subjects.
- Students will develop an understanding and appreciation of many cultures.
- To enable LEP students to become competent in speaking, reading, writing, and comprehending the English language.
- Empower teachers to establish and maintain a climate of high expectations for all language-minority students.
- Assist teachers in developing a multitude of best practices to meet the various needs of all learners.